Alright, let’s keep this train rolling! Today was a wonderful day…got to hang with mmy cubs for my 16-year-old Jeremiah’s birthday (small upside of Cil and I both having these Covid antibodies + my nephews being in full quarantine since the very beginning), got roasted for having the worst puns (even though I could see in their faces how badly they wanted to laugh at the gems I was throwing down), and got to eat Stuffed Crust Pizza + that Hershey’s Cookie Pie from Pizza Hut with the kids (the birthday boy and Cil didn’t even let me lay hands on the Cinnabon Mini Rolls…but whatever).
Today was a great one.
As I get ready to hit the hay, here are my fives for the day:
- STUFFED CRUST PIZZA (BUT THAT NEW GARLIC HERB DUSTING THEY PUT ON THE CRUST IS WACK…NEXT TIME WE GO PLAIN FOR SURE)
- THIS GAME MY 9-YEAR-OLD NEPHEW AND I PLAY WHERE I CHANGE THE LYRICS TO A SONG AND INSERT LYRICS ABOUT HIS FARTING OR SMELLING OR SOMETHING AND THEN HE TAKES A TURN FOR THE NEXT VERSE AND COMES UP WITH AN EQUALLY SKILLFUL ROAST THAT MAKES ME SMILE AT HIS WIT AND COMEDIC TIMING
- FINALLY UPGRADED TO BIG SUR ON MY 2015 MACBOOK AIR LAST NIGHT AND TODAY I FEEL LIKE IT’S BROUGHT MY LAPTOP BACK TO LIFE + MADE IT MORE ZIPPY
- 2 NEW EPISODES OF “THIS IS US” THAT WE FORGOT TO WATCH. THIS WRITING IS FLAWLESS, MAN. I’VE NEVER SEEN A SHOW THAT MAKES ME SO CONSISTENTLY FEEL THE BROAD RANGE OF EMOTIONS THAT THIS SHOW DOES, AND I ALWAYS END THESE EPISODES SO APPRECIATIVE OF ALL THE LITTLE DETAILS—THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE JOY, THE STRUGGLE, THE HOPE—THAT MAKE LIFE SUCH AN ENJOYABLE ADVENTURE.
- THE PEACE THAT COMES FROM NEATLY WRITING NOTES IN A GOOD QUALITY NOTEBOOK AND THEN THAT FEELING WHEN LIKE HALF THE NOTEBOOK IS STILL FRESH AND THE OTHER HALF HAS THE WEIGHT OF ALL THE IDEAS, PLANS, AND QUIRKY NOTES THAT I FELT FIT TO PUT ON WAX (OR PAPER, IN THIS CASE)